The background music played in the casinos boosts the mood and behavior of the players and creates a cozy and relaxing environment. We all are aware of the fact that music has a great impact on the mood and behavior of humans. That means music has its role to play on the gambler’s mood and behavior as well. There have been several studies and research conducted on this. below in this article, we will cover the Background Music in the Casinos.
One of those studies was based on observing the reaction of 101 males and females gamblers on background music while they were playing the online casino slots in 20Bet Deutschland. It was observed that when the low-tempo music was played, gamblers became more persistent while placing their bets. Also they placed a significantly larger number of bets while listening to the low-tempo notes. When the high-tempo music was played the behavior of the gamblers became intense.
One more study was conducted where the managers of the casinos were asked about the importance of background music in the casinos. The casino managers accepted the fact that the background music was very important for virtual casinos. Basically two types of music are played in the casinos- the recorded live music and the recorded background music. The managers said that they change the tempo of the music to improve the mood of the gamblers.
Trending Background Music in Casinos
The casino games’ developers have implemented many trending songs as background music. Different songs are played for different games which are from popular artists. For example, people love to listen to Michael Jackson’s songs like Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Bad. There are in fact themed slots of MJ playing the favorite songs of players.
The background music enhances the playing experience of casino games. There are numerous songs which are trending favorite of gamblers including
- Kenny Rogers – The Gambler
The song was released in 1978 and has been trending among the gamblers since then.
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
The song became an instant hit after its release in 2008 and almost all the casinos in Canada started using it as background music for the casino games. The official video of the song portrayed Lady Gaga playing poker in an amazing position with a fast beat.
- You Spin Me Round – Dead or Alive
It was released in 1985 by the then trending British band Dead or Alive. The music became a hit all around the world and was implemented in casino games as background music. The song itself brought a whole new meaning for the players while playing casino games like poker and roulette.
Effects of background music played in the casinos
There are psychological effects on the players when the background music is played in traditional and virtual casinos. Some of them are as follows:
- The ambience is enhanced. The casinos and lightning link slots play music based on their own themes. Music improves the morale and mood of the gamblers.
- Background music impacts the decisions of the players. It is true that most of the players do not pay any heed to the background music but it has an effect on them unknowingly. For example- people become more careful with their spending on hearing the low tempo music whereas the high tempo music makes them spend more recklessly.
- Music relaxes the mind of the players. People may become nervous and impatient when high stakes are involved. At this time music makes them calm and relaxed. Also during night music helps people to stay awake while playing the games.
- Most importantly music is the best source of entertainment. There are many people who go to casinos just for fun and experience. The background music keeps them happy and entertained. In online casino games also the music maintains the atmosphere of the casino virtually.
People love gambling and casinos are the perfect place for gambling. Casinos are spread all over the world and music plays a very important role in increasing the gambling behavior of the casino players. The background music makes a relaxing and cozy gaming atmosphere in the traditional as well as the virtual casinos. People who take gambling as a hobby are also entertained and feel calm and relaxed with the music being played in the background.